Sunday, July 12, 2015

F1 Foods UK roundup and the next challenge: Hungary


The latest Formula 1 Grand Prix took place in the UK at Silverstone and was a home-ground victory for Briton Lewis Hamilton who drives for Mercedes. I invited bloggers to send in their British recipes in honour of the race but my challenge wasn't particularly well publicised so there were only three entries.

I made a cake inspired by one of my favourite summer drinks, Pimm's. I filled the cake with fresh cream and decorated it with the fruits you usually get in a pitcher of Pimm's and lemonade.

Pimm's cake

Suelle at Mainly Baking made these gooseberry and hazelnut slices, after deciding upon gooseberries as a very British fruit and found a recipe that would keep for a bit longer in the hot weather we've been having.


Finally a pork pie from Jane at Onions and Paper. I had a picnic today and thought these would be great but didn't have the courage to try making one as they seem pretty hard! I'm very impressed with the way Jane's turned out.



The next Formula 1 Grand Prix takes place in Budapest, Hungary, on July 24-26. So I'm opening the linky now and leaving it open until August 12th. So that's a whole month to find a recipe - I expect you will all be searching the internet for inspiration for this month's challenge!

');

0 comments:

Post a Comment