Friday, November 15, 2013

Baked Tinapa



Baked Tinapa. Tinapa what-ever type of fish is one of our favorite Pinoy fish dish, but it cooking leave’s a smoky fishy odor on your kitchen walls and curtains that will linger for days. Today I am again craving for tinapa but the last time I cooked it, that smoky fishy odor even get into my office shirt. Well I have thought of cooking tinapa in an oven to reduced the smoky fishy odor and today it’s time to try it and let see if we could at least minimize the odor beside making it as yummy or even better than frying the tinapa.






To bake the tinapa I needed some aromatic ingredients that will go with my bake tinapa but I found out that I have anything special in the ref and cupboard except onions, tomatoes and lemons. So I have to stick to the basic Pinoy ingredients and it return it is more authentic Pinoy dish, the final product? It did come out great and the tinapa smoky fishy odor was confined inside the oven and it was overwhelmed by the aroma of the onions.



Here is how I cooked my Baked Tinapa try it!






Ingredients:



12 pcs. galungong ginapa or other fish tinapa

2 medium size onions, peeled sliced

2 large size tomatoes, sliced

1 medium size lemon, sliced

olive oil or cooking oil








Baking Procedure:



Pre heat the oven to 250°C. Arrange half of the sliced onion in a medium size glass baking dish to form a bed for the smoked fish. Arrange the smoked fish side by side then disperse the remaining half of the sliced onion on the top. Arrange the sliced lemon evenly on the top of the smoke fish. Place the sliced tomato around the side of the baking dish then generously drizzle with olive oil. Place the baking dish inside the preheated oven and bake for 35 to 45 minutes at 250°C. Serve while it is still hot with vinegar garlic and chili dip.











0 comments:

Post a Comment